TFS – Episode 04
Episode 4 is available now! The Full Stack Podcast – Episode 04
- Developer Arsenal – What software and hardware do we use?
- Code Documentation with MarkDown
- CES… Who Cares?
The idea for our discussion on the Developer Arsenal was a post from Weedy Garden. For our “Developer Arsenal”, we use the following:
- Eclipse (Juno)
- Tomcat v7
- Windows 7 (beefy PC’s with 24GB of RAM)
- OS X (Macbook Pro)
- RAD (v6 and v7.5)
- (SOAP/REST tools?)
- Chrome for REST
- JSON Editor
- Same hardware as above, only we also include iPad 3, Nexus 10, and 7, Moto X, iPhone 4S, ZTE Open
- Photoshop with the new Generate feature
- Sublime Text
- Internet Explorer
- Chrome and Canary
- Pingdom tools, WebPageTest.org, PageSpeed
- Analytics from Omniture (adobe), and GA
Code Documentation links:
- check out Daring Fireball and their section of the site dedicated to MarkDown.
- Interested in running Jekyll or GitHub pages? Here is a delightful piece from 24Ways.org on that particular subject.
- Java developers who are looking for a nice Markdown processor need look no further than markdown4j.
- Want to use Markdown in your browser, or kick out PDF files from meetings etc? Well there’s a webapp for that you can use now called StackEdit.
CES… Who Cares? For the rant this episode it was the post over on Gizmodo about CES that stoked the fire and brought our ire ;).
Sponsor for this episode was ProForm makers of the Hybrid Trainer
Until next time, keep up in the comments, or on Google+, we are +DevcannonTFS